Hardware terms & warranties
Hardware terms & warranties
Our hardware is backed by multiple partners, and we comply to their terms
BahatiGroup may make recommendations to the customer, or the customer may request that a product be provided by BahatiGroup, in order for BahatiGroup to perform The Services. All expressed or implied warranties, descriptions, representatives and conditions as to the quality or compatibility in respect of The Services, any item of software, hardware or peripheral provided by BahatiGroup, are expressly excluded. BahatiGroup has no liability as to the suitability of the performance of The Services. Nor of any product manufactured, sold or supplied by a third party and or partner, whether or not that product has been recommended to the customer by BahatiGroup. Any hardware, software or equipment provided to the customer by BahatiGroup shall remain the property of BahatiGroup until full payment is received.
- The warranty is only valid for BahatiGroup’s Customers within its warranty period, which this may very from product to product.
- We do not warrant the suitability of goods.
- Most products have a 12 month warranty from date of purchase (Unless otherwise specified or purchased above the standard warranty).
- The warranty will be void if the serial number or its warranty label is missing.
- The warranty will be void if items are written on or tampered with.
- BahatiGroup will replace or repair the items if a performance failure has occurred within the warranty period. Items that can be repaired by BahatiGroup or our suppliers will not be swapped out.
- The minimum waiting period for the replacement of warranty items is 48 hours after return. This may be extended due to the availability of stock from the Manufacturer or Supplier.
- A component will be declared void and out of warranty if goods are mishandled, struck by lightening or power surges.
- If a system is returned under warranty we cannot guarantee safety of any classified Data. It is the Customer’s responsibility to backup all Data including Application
- Programs prior to returning any system to BahatiGroup, BahatiGroup can make a backup on the clients behalf if requested to do so.
- Damage and defects which are in our opinion directly caused by incorrect or improper use, neglect, power surges, lightening damage, or mishandling by the customer are specifically excluded from any guarantee given or implied.
- In the event that a system or hardware is sent to us under warranty and it is discovered that the fault has arisen due to misuse, neglect, mishandling, incorrect or improper use, we may, at our discretion, charge for parts and/or labour.
- In the event that a system or hardware is sent to us under warranty and it is discovered that the system is functioning as intended, or that the fault has arisen as a result of a software issue, we may, at our discretion, charge for our labour.
- Faulty goods must logged and be returned to BahatiGroup.
- Please back-up your data on your hard disk drive before sending the PC for Repairs. Our workshop will not be held liable for any loss of data. BahatiGroup can make a backup on the clients behalf if requested to do so.
- BahatiGroup will provide a quotation for repairs which must be approved by the customer prior to commencement of repair work.
- Rejection of quotation for repair may be charged at a flat rate of R180.00
- Workshop repairs carry a 90-day warranty on the repaired item, unless otherwise specified on specific components. The warranty period will commence from Invoice date.
- Any repairs that are not collected after 45 days will be disposed of without further notice.
- Any software configuration, installation or virus removal carried out and demonstrated to the Customer as working correctly is considered from that stage as completed task. If a similar fault occurs they will be treated as a new call and chargeable.
- BahatiGroup will only support Operating Systems and Application Software for which the Customer has valid licenses and the original CD/DVD or proof of purchase for licensing for SaaS on which the software was delivered physically or via email.
- If, during the course of an upgrade and/or repair, it is necessary to reinstall the computer’s software or operating system, the customer will need to supply BahatiGroup with original software installation disks and/or serial numbers and /or product keys. Failure to provide installation disk, serial numbers or product keys may make it impossible to install such software and/or operating systems.
- BahatiGroup reserves the right not to install, reinstall or test any software that we suspect may be pirated or obtained through any illegal means.
- New components installed as the result of a repair or an upgrade will have a one-year warranty from the date of their purchase (unless otherwise specified). No new or additional warranty is given or implied on existing components.
- BahatiGroup does not accept liabilities for any unforeseen hardware failure that occurs while a System or hardware components are in our possession.
- BahatiGroup may not be liable for any consequential loss or expenses, however caused, including incidental return costs.
- BahatiGroup Services does not issue cash refunds.
- No credits will be issued on Printer Cartridges, Software licensing, SaaS licensing, Cloud licensing and any perishables.
- A credit note for the full purchase price may be issued if returns take place within 48 hours provided goods are in their original packaging, including all manuals & software and are in a resalable condition.
- Credit notes may be issued for goods returned after 48 hours from date of purchase but within 10 (ten) days. All goods returned are to be correctly packaged.
- Specifically, goods must be returned in the packaging in which they were received, with all outer boxes and inner packaging intact. Items that are not correctly packaged will attract a minimum 15% handling charge.
- Original invoices must be presented with all returns.
- No credit will be issued at all if the return is more than 10 days after the purchase.